Thursday, November 19, 2015

Unit 4 Reflection

Unit 4 was all about sex and how it is so essential for life on Earth. The themes about this unit was all about the cell cycle and Mendel's laws in genetics. We also learned about genetics and the difference between mitosis and meiosis. Some of my strengths in this unit was predicting the traits of the offspring along with the process of mitosis. The reason that I was strong in mitosis was because I learned about the process in detail last year, One weakness that I had was distinguishing the similarities and the differences of the between mitosis and meiosis. I learned a lot from the infographics because the infographic made me understand the different topics in the infographic, in order to find the appropriate pictures to use for each block. The labs that we did for this unit really helped me understand Mendel's laws of genetics. I am indeed a better student now than before this unit. One unanswered question that I have is, what is the limit for the amount of crosses?(for example, is there a cross that involves 10 alleles? 10-hybrid?). After taking the VARK questionnaire, it showed me that I am a visual learner. My exact scores were visual 10, kinesthetics 8, read and write 7, and coming in last with a score of 6 is aural. The results were as I expected because I realized a year ago that I learn a lot better with visual representations. The things that I can do to prepare me for the upcoming test is to draw out diagrams of the processes of mitosis and meiosis. Also I can draw out Mendel's laws. These learning styles will help me understand the most in order to get ready for the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment