Monday, February 29, 2016

Music's Effect on Blood Pressure and Heart Rate - Introduction

20 Time is a program that allows you to work on any project that you have wanted to work on. For our class, Mr. Orre is giving us 20% of our class time this semester to pursue any of our interests in the form of a project. That 20% of our class time that we get to use fro this project is all of our Mondays during second semester.

The essential question that I have for this 20 Time is how can music benefit you in a medical way. The thing that I am revolving my 20 Time around is music. What I wanted to do is I wanted to incorporate music and something medical related. With those in mind I came up with the idea of how does different genres of music affect your blood pressure and heart rate when you are doing different things such as exercising, doing your homework or relaxing.

My goals for this 20 Time project is that by the end of March I would like to finish all my research on my project so that I can start to conduct the experiment. Then after I find out my subjects I will experiment with the different genres of music and by the end of the semester I will have a few playlists, which correspond with the activities, that will hold the songs that I found were most helpful.

To measure my progress is that I will create an excel sheet with the different things that I need to accomplish for my research and my experiment and after every Monday, I will record my progress. My plan, right now, is to finish my research so that I can start the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment