Monday, May 9, 2016

20 Time Individual Reflection

I challenged myself by trying to pick a topic that would affect me everyday. Music is in my life everyday, so I decided to use music as a part of my 20 Time. Also, I tied music to medicine and go the topic how does music affect your blood pressure and heart rate. My goal is to help myself and others who listen to music regularly to use music for more than just relaxation. My plan for this project was to research what instruments I can use to monitor the blood pressure and heart rate and the same time. Then, I made a class survey for what type of music they listen to when relaxing. I analyzed my results and the most common types of music would be inserted in my playlist for my experiment. After that, I went into a doctor's office and I found a few subjects for my experiment.

Some successes were that I had enough subjects to test one of my genres of music that I chose. However, there were not enough patients to complete my whole experiment, and that was a failure. Some things that I learned was that slow beat music has an effect on your blood pressure and heart rate, especially if the patient has a high blood pressure. However, I am just making this conclusion off of my limited about of results from my experiment.

If I could do this project again, I would ask many doctors if I can do my experiment in their office instead of just one. When I get up in front of the class and give my TED talk, I wish to share my information to all my peers so that they can use music the same way that I will be using it from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment