Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pig Dissection

The purpose of the pig dissection was to show us how the pig is related to us internally. The pigs internal body has many of the same organs and features that we do and I think that a pig is a really good representation of a humans internal body, when comparing to other animals. This dissection helped me learn more about all of the systems that we learned in our vodcasts, such as the digestive system and the respiratory system. The dissection helped me understand what different parts of the body are used in the different processes. I learned about how to respiratory works with the heart, lungs and other parts of the body. This dissection helped me get a hands on experience of where everything is located inside the body and what parts of the body are used in the main systems. Below is the video that we took describing the different parts of the pig and their function for the different function.

My favorite part of the dissection was cutting up the pig because I never dissected something in a class that is so much like us. Also, I thought that when we were opening up the pig, we had to do some digging to find some of the parts, such as the esophagus. I think that this dissection was valuable because I was able to use my knowledge of systems and the body to locate the different parts of the pig. Also, I learned about how pigs are different to us and why, including with parts that they have and we do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment